Welcome, YMC advisors!
This is where you’ll find information about deadlines, pricing, and other crucial conference components. Please explore these links to find the answers to frequently asked questions, and be sure to reach out to our Director of Delegations, Arielle Soldatenko, if you have unresolved concerns.
Registration for YMC 2018 will open during the latter half of summer. Please stay tuned for more information. If you are a new delegation considering attending, please contact our Director of Outreach, Lauren Ribordy, at your earliest convenience.
You can preview the deadlines for YMC 2018 here.
Click on any of the dates below to see more information.
- Sep 28, 2018 September 28: Registration deadline Sep 28, 2018
- Oct 5, 2018 October 5: Round I Financial Aid Applications due Oct 5, 2018
- Oct 19, 2018 October 19: Round II Financial Aid Applications due Oct 19, 2018
- Oct 25, 2018 October 25: Committee Selection Form Due Oct 25, 2018
- Oct 29, 2018 October 29: Delegate Fees due Oct 29, 2018
- Oct 31, 2018 October 31: Hotel Reservations Due Oct 31, 2018
- Nov 3, 2018 November 3: Delegates’ Bills due Nov 3, 2018
- Nov 3, 2018 November 3: Delegate Waivers Due Nov 3, 2018
- Nov 29, 2018 – Dec 2, 2018 November 29 – December 2: Yale Model Congress 2018 Nov 29, 2018 – Dec 2, 2018
Delegation fee (school fee): $100
Delegate fee (per delegate): $90
To pay delegate/delegation fees using Paypal click here.
As always YMC can help subsidize the cost of the delegate fee, the hotel fee, and, as of last year, a food stipend for those students in need. Please let us know if you think that your students might qualify. For now, questions regarding financial aid should be sent to the current Treasurer, Eli Metzner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms and Documents 2017
- Delegate Conduct Form: – Must be read and signed by each delegate and his/her parent or legal guardian.
- Yale Model Congress Liability Form (18+): Must be read and signed by each delegate over the age of 18.
- Yale Model Congress Liability Form (under 18): Must be read and signed by each delegate under the age of 18 and his/her parent or legal guardian.
- Financial Aid Application 2017: Delegates can apply for financial aid to cover the cost of the delegate fee and conference lodging by completing this form and sending it to Kianna Pierson at email@example.com by October 6 for Round I applications and October 20 for Round II applications.
- Online Committee Form: (FORM IS NOW UP!). Assign delegates to committees by filling out this form. Please address any questions to Eli Metzner at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is October 26, but earlier submission is preferred.
- YMC 2014 Sample Bill: Please use the formatting of this template; do not submit bills following any other format (e.g. Princeton MC). Deadline for bill submission is November 7.
- Guide to Yale Model Congress 2016 for Advisors and Delegates
Delegates can apply for financial aid to cover the delegation fee and the cost of lodging at either of our partner hotels during the conference. Delegates should fill out the financial aid application and select what types of aid they would like to apply for. Delegates should use the further information section to explain their desire to attend Yale Model Congress. Forms must be submitted by 11:59 pm on October 5 for Round I applications and October 19 for Round II applications. If you do not receive confirmation that I have received your application, you will not be considered for financial aid. Delegates who apply for financial aid receive an additional two weeks to pay their delegate fee.
Financial aid decision process
Yale Model Congress will decide financial aid awards by 11:59 pm on October 8 for Round I applications and October 22 for Round II applications and notify applicants and their advisors of our decision by email. Decisions are based on demonstrated need, desire to attend the conference, and prospective benefits of attendance. Depending on the delegate’s application, we may award partial or full delegate fee waivers and may cover up to the full cost of a delegate’s lodging (1/4*3 nights’ stay at the Omni).
Receiving financial aid
Delegate fee waivers are processed immediately. Delegates receiving financial aid to cover the cost of accommodations will have their accommodations cost paid directly to the hotel at which their delegation is staying. Delegates receiving accommodations aid will need to communicate with the treasurer Eli Metzner at email@example.com to confirm which hotel to direct their aid to.
Accommodations for Yale Model Congress are provided by the Omni Hotel and the New Haven Hotel.
We have rooms set aside for you and your delegations to book at both hotels.
Please follow the following links to reserve your rooms. When booking, please mention that you’re with Yale Model Congress in order to receive one of our set-aside rooms at our discounted rate. Rooms at the Omni Hotel are available for $184/night for single/double occupancy, and $204/night for triple/quad occupancy. Rooms at the New Haven Hotel, although one block further, are available at $154/night. These prices do not reflect tax.
Omni at Yale Hotel New Haven Hotel
155 Temple Street 229 George Street
New Haven, Connecticut 06510 New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Forms and Documents
- To book rooms at the New Haven Hotel, please contact the hotel's Sales Coordinator, Iswonette Bernard directly at (203) 498-3142 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations must be confirmed by October 31st.
- To book rooms at the Omni Hotel, reach out to the Omni directly by emailing email@example.com. There will be forms provided to fill out, which will need to be completed by October 31st.